Joe Falcon is an intellectual property, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office registered patent attorney. As a member of the Intellectual Property Law group and the Business Transactions practice group, Joe practices all phases of patent and trademark law, including prosecution, licensing, litigation, validity and infringement studies, and IP related business counseling. Joe assists clients ranging from early-stage startups to established companies in developing and commercializing patent portfolios and implementing strategies that meet the client's business needs.
Joe holds a B.S. in Material Science and Engineering from the Pennsylvania State University, where he specialized in ceramics, polymers, and metals. Joe also has technical experience in mechanical, electrical, and chemical engineering.
Examples of Joe’s work in the intellectual property arena include:
· Asserting patent rights against willful infringers in a competitive market place.
· Counseling start-ups on ownership and procurement of patent and trademark rights
· Crafting research and development agreements to meet IP ownership needs.
· Conducting patent due diligence in large scale acquisitions of international patent rights.
· Developing an IP portfolio to protect against competitor design arounds.
· Enforcing trademark rights against foreign entities distributing into the United States.
· Prosecuting post grant proceedings to broaden the scope of patent protection.
· Performing product clearances to manufacture parts for sale.
· Reviewing software license agreements to advise client on status of proprietary rights.