Sean B. Frederick
Sean B. Frederick is a member of the Business and Corporate Law Group, where he assists financial institutions, governmental entities and other clients in the areas of commercial finance, public finance, securities law and general business.
Sean provides counsel, guidance and advice to clients on a wide variety of loan transactions including real estate, commercial and industrial development loans. Additionally, he practices in the area of municipal finance, with particular experience in both governmental bonds, conduit financings and related tax issues involving manufacturing entities and 501(c)(3) corporations. Sean serves as bond counsel, underwriter’s counsel, issuer’s counsel, letter of credit and liquidity provider’s counsel and also works closely with other lawyers as co-counsel, local and regional counsel. Sean also has extensive experience within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania working with PIDA, Pennvest, PennWorks, MELF and other loan programs.
Representative examples of Sean’s experience include:
- Representing regional and national commercial lending institutions on financing transactions ranging in size from $200,000 to $25,000,000 involving industries such as manufacturing, professional services, agri-business, hospitality, entertainment, food and beverage, and real estate, housing and construction.
- Counseling municipal clients regarding the issuance of tax-exempt bonds with an aggregate principal amount of over $200 million for such diverse purposes as water and sewer facilities, parking garages, fire departments, schools and other educational facilities.
- Representing manufacturing and not-for profit clients regarding the issuance of tax-exempt, small issue bonds, 501(c)(3) bonds and taxable bonds, including extensive experience in structuring transactions within the confines of the Internal Revenue Code in order to maximize the tax benefit to clients.
A graduate of the University of Pennsylvania Law School and the University of Florida, magna cum laude, Sean is currently serving as President of the Literacy Council of Lancaster-Lebanon, Vice President of Lancaster Housing Opportunities Partnership which is focused on providing affordable housing opportunities in the county of Lancaster, and active with the Pennsylvania and the National Associations of Bond Lawyers.
Sean writes on a variety of topics. Some recent articles include:
- A Summary of Tax Changes from the Emergency Economic Stabilization Act of 2008
- Variable Rate Demand Bonds – Liquidity Issues
- Why Even Perfect Terms May Not Guarantee a Legal Victory in Battle of the Forms
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, J.D.
- University of Florida, B.A., magna cum laude
- Lancaster Housing Opportunity Partnership; Vice President, member of Executive Committee and Board of Directors
- Literacy Council of Lancaster-Lebanon; President
- Pennsylvania Association of Bond Lawyers
- National Association of Bond Lawyers