Christopher W. MattsonChris Mattson is a member of the firm's Health Law Group and concentrates his law practice in civil litigation and health law. He has tried to verdict more than 100 jury trials in federal and state courts, and has been involved in numerous civil litigation matters involving antitrust and securities litigation, accounting malpractice, contract disputes, employment law disputes, eminent domain and enforcing restrictive covenants through injunctions, among others.
Chris also represents numerous hospitals, health organizations and health care providers, and has handled a substantial number of major antitrust cases involving healthcare issues. A significant part of his health law practice involves medical staff privileges and bylaws issues, contract disputes and risk management. He has written and lectured extensively on many health care and litigation issues.
- Villanova University, J.D.
- St. Joseph's University, B.S.
- Lancaster Country Day School; board of trustees
- Lancaster Alliance
- W. Hensel Brown Inn of Court; board member and past president
- United Way of Lancaster Count; former chair of Budget Review and Allocations Committee
- YWCA of Lancaster; former chair, board of trustees
- Leadership Pennsylvania; charter class
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers ®, 2002-2013
- The Best Lawyers in America ® 2010
- New York
- U. S. District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U. S. District Court for the Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit
- Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers
- The Best Lawyers in America - Litigation Section
- American Health Lawyers Association
- American, Pennsylvania and Lancaster Bar Associations
- New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Third Department (1972-1973)
Other Professional Experience
- Chris is a decorated Vietnam Veteran and held the rank of captain in the U.S. Marine Corp. (1967-1970)