Lauralee B. Baker
Lauralee B. Baker is a partner with Barley Snyder’s Health Care and Litigation Groups. She represents health care providers such as hospitals and physicians in medical malpractice defense litigation and before regulatory agencies. In her 20 years of practice, she has tried nearly 40 jury cases to verdict with the vast majority concluded in favor of her client.
Lauralee brings a unique perspective to her health care and litigation trial practice as she has a medical background with both a RN and BS in nursing. She counsels her health care clients in compliance, assisting them with the minimization of risk and exposure to liability. Lauralee is well versed in regulations and current issues facing the health care industry and has spoken on issues such as informed consent, health care risk management and electronic medical records.
With Lauralee’s extensive experience in jury trials in both state and federal court, she has represented physicians, nurses and hospitals in dozens of counties across Pennsylvania. In addition, she has represented physicians and nurses in regulatory matters before the applicable state regulatory agency.
- Dickinson School of Law, J.D.
- Pennsylvania State University, B.S.
- Massachusetts General Hospital School of Nursing, R.N.
- Marietta Community House; Board of Directors
- Marietta Restoration Associates
- United States District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- United States Supreme Court
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Cumberland County Bar Association
- William I. Lipsett Inn of Court
Publications & Speaking Engagements
- "The Nuts and Bolts of the Medical Malpractice Case," Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- "Informed Consent and the Family Physician," Family Practice Physicians
- "The Nuts and Bolts of the Medical Malpractice Case--Recent Developments in Malpractice Litigation," Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- "Risk Management and the Family Physician," Family Practice Physicians
- Medical Malpractice Update: "Brave New World of Medical Malpractice Litigation" focused on "Mediation/Trial Strategy/Jury Selection," Pennsylvania Bar Institute
- "The Requirements of a Family Physician to Obtain Informed Consent," Pennsylvania Medical Society Liability Insurance Company
- "Electronic Medical Records," Nationwide Insurance Company
- "The Impact of Electronic Medical Records on the Family Physician Practice," Family Practice Physicians