Elizabeth is an associate in the firm’s Litigation Practice Group, basing her practice around medical malpractice defense. She defends health systems, providers and hospitals against malpractice claims, while working to prevent the claims from ever happening. In addition to work inside the courtroom, Elizabeth consults and advises with clients on compliance with federal and state health regulations.
Elizabeth’s practice also includes a concentration on cybersecurity, its breadth and scope in the business community as well as the health industry. Elizabeth provides legal counseling on privacy, data security, and cybersecurity, including risk and liability concerns. She has presented at regional and statewide cybersecurity seminars, and has been published throughout Pennsylvania on methods to keep businesses safe and compliant in the ever-evolving field of cybersecurity.
Prior to joining Barley Snyder, Elizabeth worked at one of the largest insurance defense firms in Pennsylvania, where she handled civil litigation matters on a variety of issues. Elizabeth has represented large commercial clients and obtained favorable outcomes in negligence matters.
Elizabeth previously worked as a judicial clerk to the Honorable Craig L. Wellerson in the Superior Court of New Jersey. She is also certified in mediation and conducted settlement and case management conferences.
Elizabeth lives in Lancaster County with her husband and daughter. She is part of the Barley Snyder Health & Wellness Committee, and enjoys obstacle racing.
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star (2020, 2021, 2022)
- Lancaster Bar Association
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Creative Hackers Pose New Threats to Business, Central Penn Business Journal (January 2016)
- The Lasso in the Cybersecurity CGL Coverage Rodeo, PAMIC Pulse (Summer 2016)
- The Growing Exposure Caused by Dangerously Creative Cyber Hackers, PAMIC Pulse (Winter 2016)
- Central Penn Business Journal Cybersecurity Symposium, “Dittman Ruling,” panelist (February 2019)
- The Growing Exposure of Cyber Attacks: What to Know and How to Handle, Pennsylvania Mutual Insurance Company Eastern Seminar (April 2016)
- Hitting Home: Cyber Attacks in Pennsylvania, Webinar (May 2017)