Erica is an associate attorney in the Real Estate and Business practice groups. In her real estate practice, Erica assists clients in residential and commercial development, property acquisition, commercial lease negotiations, zoning, and land use concerns. Erica also devotes a substantial portion of her practice to representing businesses of all sizes and sophistication across a variety of industries. Erica’s practice ranges from assisting start-up companies with entity formation and governing documents, to working with more seasoned companies on complex mergers and acquisitions and succession planning. In both facets, Erica focuses on the structure, negotiation, strategic planning, and execution of business and real estate transactions.
To complement her corporate law practice, Erica has also worked with companies to obtain certification as a Women’s Business Enterprise (WBE). Businesses that are at least 51 percent owned, managed and controlled by a woman or women are eligible to apply for the certification awarded by the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC). As a WBENC-Certified WBE, business owners have access to exclusive programs and resources designed to help their business grow and thrive, which includes access to supplier, and diversity and procurement executives at corporations, federal, state, and local government entities that accept WBENC Certification.
When not practicing law, Erica’s firm responsibilities include serving as a member of the firm’s Hiring Committee, where she is involved in recruiting for the firm’s Summer Associate Program, and serving on the firm’s Diversity Committee. Erica is also actively involved in the community and currently serves on the board of and is involved with a number of local nonprofit and professional organizations, including the York County Bar Foundation Board of Directors, the DreamWrights Center for Community Arts Board of Directors, the Community Progress Council Board of Directors, and the Family First Health Human Resources Committee.
Prior to joining Barley Snyder, Erica represented public and private employers in a variety of labor and employment law matters. As a law student, Erica also externed for the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania and Commonwealth Court of Pennsylvania for the Hon. P. Kevin Brobson.
While not a performer herself, Erica is a musical theatre enthusiast and frequently patronizes New York City and central Pennsylvania theatre productions. Her favorite show running on Broadway is “Hamilton.”
View some of Erica’s representative matters:
- Seller counsel in the stock sale of a restaurant business
- Seller counsel in the asset sale of a printing company
- Seller counsel in the asset sale of an insurance agency
- Seller counsel in the stock sale of a metalworking design and manufacturer
- Buyer counsel in the acquisition of electric company
- Buyer counsel in the acquisition of auto core contractor
- Buyer counsel in the purchase of restaurant and underlying real estate
- Represented landlord in the commercial lease of a York County restaurant and bar
- Represented landlord in the commercial lease of a pizza restaurant in York County
- Represented tenant in the commercial lease of a downtown Harrisburg restaurant
- Represented applicants in a request for variance and special exception in York City
- Central Penn Business Journal “Legal Excellence Awards” — Up and Coming Lawyers
- Order of the Barrister
- Herbert B. Cohen Chapter of the American Inns of Court
- York County Bar Association
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- “Clarifying the Administration of Substance Abuse Policies”, Widener University Law Journal
- “DOL’s Change of Course on Unpaid Interns”, Corporate Counsel Business Journal
- Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Real Property Annual Retreat — Annual Update on Pennsylvania Real Estate Case Law (August 2022)
- Pennsylvania Assocation of Sewage Enforcement Officers Conference — Overview of the Municipalities Planning Code and Right to Know Law (March 2022)
- “Pennsylvania Bar Association’s Real Property Annual Retreat — Annual Update on Pennsylvania Real Estate Case Law” (August 2021)
- Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry Human Resources Conference (November 2018)
- 2017 Human Resource Association of Centre County Labor and Employment Seminar (October 2017)