Paul practices commercial, real estate and fiduciary litigation and maintains an active trial practice in the state and federal courts of Pennsylvania and Maryland. In 25 years of practice he has handled a wide range of litigation matters including contract litigation, fiduciary litigation, minority shareholder litigation, restrictive covenant and trade secret litigation, insurance and coverage litigation and real estate, eminent domain and tax assessment appeal cases.
Paul also has a significant Orphans’ Court practice handling trust disputes, will contests and guardianship proceedings.
Paul’s practice also includes zoning and land development matters for some of the largest national and regional residential and commercial developers. Paul’s experience includes obtaining variances, special exceptions, conditional uses and other zoning relief.
A native of York, Paul has supported the growth and well-being of his hometown through his active community involvement. Paul serves on the board of directors for various non-profit organizations including social service agencies, and the local bar association.
In addition to being an active litigator, mentor and adviser, Paul has also been a well-received speaker, delivering presentations on construction, insurance, risk management and fiduciary law issues to a variety of public and private groups.
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Litigation – Real Estate (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Select Lawyer, Polk-Lepson Research Group; Commercial Litigation and General Civil Litigation
- Pennsylvania Rising Stars (Litigation)
- Central Penn Business Journal (Forty Under 40)
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- York County Orphans Court, Rules Committee
- Maryland State and Baltimore County bar associations
- Pennsylvania and York County bar associations
- “Land Use Institute 2020” faculty member, Pennsylvania Bar Institute (September 2020)
- “Civil Motions Court and Local Rules Compliance”, 2018 York County Bar Association Bench Bar Conference (October 2018)
- “Guardianship Practice and Procedure”, York County Bar Association (March 2015)
- “Risk Management: How to Mitigate Risk”, ACC Seminar: What Keeps You up at Night? (September 2013)
- “Creating A Successful Inside-Outside Counsel Partnership”, ACC Seminar: What Keeps You up at Night? (September 2012)
- “Construction Lien Law Seminar” Lorman Education Services
- “Pennsylvania Construction Defect and Mold Litigation Seminar” National Business Institute
- “Operational Considerations for Small Business” Pennsylvania Bar Institute Publication Counseling Small Businesses
- “Should Punitive Damages be Recoverable from a Decedent’s Estate” Dickinson Law Review
- Cumberland County Court of Common Pleas (1992-1994)