Josh is a partner in the firm’s Litigation Practice Group and leads the firm’s Injunction Practice Group. He is a commercial litigator, equally comfortable with negotiating a common sense solution, navigating alternative dispute resolution (mediation or arbitration), or advocating his clients’ interests at all stages and manner of litigation. Josh has tried cases in state, federal and military courts, handling both the prosecution and defense of emergency/special and preliminary injunctions.
Represents businesses and individuals in contract, collections, judgment enforcement and business tort litigation, with particular emphasis in restrictive covenant cases involving non-competition, non-solicitation and non-disclosure agreements.
Real Estate Litigation
Represents commercial and residential property owners, developers and landlords in lease disputes, evictions, deed and restrictive covenant actions.
Casualty and General Liability Litigation
Represents businesses and property owners and in personal injury, indemnity and premises liability actions, and leading the defense of premises liability claims for a major Pennsylvania health care institution.
Represents owners, contractors, subcontractors, architects and engineers in construction contract and design/defect matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Josh served as Captain and Trial Counsel with the U.S. Army Judge Advocate General’s (JAG) Corps and as Special Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, where he prosecuted misdemeanor and felony criminal trials. Prior to college, Josh served as an Airborne Ranger and rifle team leader with the elite 3rd Ranger Battalion and the 25th Infantry Division (Hawaii), deploying for Operation Uphold Democracy and the subsequent U.N. Mission in Haiti in 1995.
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Lancaster Bar Association
- “Managing & Protecting Your Online Reputation”, ABC Keystone Seminar (October 2018)
- “Hot Topics in Commercial Loan Workouts and Restructuring”, Lendicon 2017 (March 2017)
- “Sheriff Sales and Tax Sales; What do you really need to know?, Barley Snyder LendiCon Seminar (March 2016)
- “Deeds in Lieu, Short Sales and Deficiency Judgments”, Barley Snyder LendiCon Seminar (March 2015)
- Trial Counsel, U.S. Army Judge Advocate General’s Corps, Ft. Belvoir, Virginia
- Special Assistant U.S. Attorney, Eastern District of Virginia; Alexandria, Virginia
- Airborne Ranger/Rifle Team Leader, Fort Benning, Georgia and Schofield Barracks, Hawaii