Chris Mattson is a member of the firm’s Health Law group and concentrates his law practice in civil litigation and health law. He has tried to verdict more than 100 jury trials in federal and state courts, and has been involved in numerous civil litigation matters involving antitrust and securities litigation, accounting malpractice, contract disputes, employment law disputes, eminent domain and enforcing restrictive covenants through injunctions, among others.
Chris also represents numerous hospitals, health organizations and health care providers, and has handled a substantial number of major antitrust cases involving healthcare issues. A significant part of his health law practice involves medical staff privileges and bylaws issues, contract disputes and risk management. He has written and lectured extensively on many health care and litigation issues.
Chris is a Veteran Mentor Coordinator for the Lancaster County Veterans Court. He was recently interviewed by WGAL News 8 for his involvement with the organization, and specifically for mentoring its first graduate. You can watch the video online here.
- Rated AV Preeminent® by Martindale-Hubbell
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Personal Injury — Litigation (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers® (2002-2014)
- American, Pennsylvania and Lancaster Bar Associations
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers
- New York Supreme Court, Appellate Division, Third Department (1972-1973)
- Chris is a decorated Vietnam Veteran and held the rank of captain in the U.S. Marine Corp. (1967-1970)