Dave is general counsel for York County mainstay The Wolf Organization, helping the business succeed for more than four decades as one of the premier names in home products in all of Pennsylvania. In addition to working as general counsel for Wolf, he has also been the chairman of the board of directors. At Barley Snyder, he is the chair of the firm’s Transportation, Distribution & Logistics Industry Group, and is a member of the firm’s Business Practice Group. He brings his 40 years of experience in real-world problem solving to the firm in areas including transportation and logistics.
Dave’s addition to Barley Snyder also signals a dedication to advance the firm’s Practice Excellence® legal process improvement initiative. His long-time experience with process improvement projects will be a key to unlock the potential of the firm’s extensive efforts to continually expand the shape and scope of the initiative.
For Dave to come to Barley represents a full circle in his career path. While in law school at the Dickinson School of Law, the York native clerked at Liverant, Senft and Cohen, which later merged with Barley Snyder to allow the firm to make one of its earliest expansions. Before working with the Wolf Organization, Dave was an assistant attorney general in Pennsylvania and the assistant city solicitor for York.
Dave has also been a strong advocate for York, serving both the city and its nonprofit community with a plethora of high-level volunteer work. He has served as the chair of the board of directors of the United Way of York County and has been a board member at York Habitat for Humanity and Children’s Home of York, to go along with numerous city improvement boards.
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- York County Bar Association, board member, executive committee member, past president of board of directors
- “Lockout Exception to the Labor Dispute Disqualification in PA”, Dickinson Law Review
- “COVID-19 Vaccines: The Impact on the Logistics Industry”, webinar (January 2021)
- “Getting Your Business Back to Business Webinar Part 2”, Barley Snyder Webinar Series (April 2020)
- “Getting Your Business Back to Business Webinar Part 1”, Barley Snyder Webinar Series (April 2020)
- Former Business Law Instructor, Yorktowne Business Institute