John is a member of the firm’s Real Estate and Business practice groups regularly assisting business clients with a wide variety of general corporate issues, including such matters as entity formation, mergers and stock asset acquisitions. John has also provided counsel on commercial real estate, commercial leasing, planned communities, condominiums and the financing of all types of commercial transactions. He has also successfully represented clients in various industries involved in real estate tax assessment appeals throughout eastern Pennsylvania.
He also has experience in bankruptcy and workout situations, and works regularly with the firm’s commercial landlord clients who have been faced with tenant bankruptcies. He has also defended clients faced with bankruptcy preference claims and other adversary proceedings.
- The Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law (2022)
- Leadership Harrisburg Area Class of 2005
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Greater Harrisburg Association of Realtors, affiliate member
- Tax Assessment Appeal Season
- Governor Corbett Signs House Bill 1950 into Law
- “A Roundtable Discussion on Due Diligence for Real Estate Construction Projects” – Wake Up with Barley: A Morning on Real Estate (May 2022)
- “Project Financing: When Can I Start Work?” – Wake up with Barley: A Morning on Real Estate (June 2018)
- “Key Terms in Commercial Leases and How They Can Hold Up Your Deal” – Greater Harrisburg Association of REALTORS Commercial Council (April 2018)