Peter Faben is a partner in the Health Care and Litigation groups at Barley Snyder. Peter focuses on the defense of health care facilities and physicians in medical malpractice litigation. He also represents medical service providers in state regulatory matters and assists his clients to identify potential risks to mitigate future liabilities. He also works with clients on HIPAA compliance as well as other state and federal health privacy compliance provisions.
In addition to his work in health care, Peter also works with private-sector clients on third-party discovery requests, responding to subpeonas and defending accusations of civil rights violations.
Prior to joining Barley Snyder in 2015, Peter worked as an attorney in Delaware, litigating a wide variety of cases at both the federal and state level. He has represented corporations and shareholders in disputes before Delaware’s Court of Chancery, debtors and creditors in bankruptcy actions, and parties in commercial disputes in federal courts in Pennsylvania and Delaware. Most recently, he has represented retailers and manufacturers in products liability actions in Delaware state and federal courts.
- Central Penn Business Journal (Forty Under 40, 2021)
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star (2019, 2020, 2021, 2022)
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants (2024)
- Lancaster Bar Association
- Pennsylvania State Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Pennsylvania Defense Institute
- Philadelphia Association of Defense Counsel