When most people think of estate planning, they immediately think about a will. But Sarah, a member of the firm’s Trusts & Estates Practice Group, understands the complexity of a complete estate plan to ensure that a person’s wishes are carried out goes much further than a will.
While she has helped many clients draft their wills, she is also qualified at developing comprehensive estate plans and has a broad array of experience with estate and trust administration. This area of her practice includes:
- Drafting of wills
- Drafting of power of attorney documents
- Drafting health care power of attorney documents and living wills
- Trust creation
- Trust administration
- Special needs trust establishment
Her work often takes her to Orphans’ Court, where she assists clients regarding the intricacies of special needs trust administration and guardianships of the person and of the estate. Those are legal tools that allow a person or entity to make decisions for another person of any age who is incapacitated or has certain special needs.
In her business practice, Sarah deals almost exclusively with the needs of nonprofit corporations, including religious entities and youth sports organizations. Her work advising nonprofit corporations includes:
- Entity formation
- Bylaw review
- Real estate transactions
- Asset acquisitions
Sarah and her husband Brian live in Birdsboro with their daughters Maggie and Gracie. Her family can often be found enjoying the outdoors while camping in central Pennsylvania or spending time at the Jersey shore.
- Berks Estate Planning Council, board member
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Schuylkill County Bar Association
- Berks County Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- “Attorneys’ Duties to Protect Client Data”, Lancaster Bar Association Webinar (June 2020)
- “COVID-19 Estate Planning Opportunities”, Herbein + Company Webinar (May 2020)
- “Board Governance” Leadership Berks County (November 2012-18)
- Transactional Law; Berks County Bar Association Law Explorer Post (January 2012)
- “Entity Selection” Greater Reading Chamber of Commerce Small Business Summit (April 2011)
- The Struggle of Punitive Damages in Arbitration: How to Get What you Want Out of an Arbitration; The Journal of American Arbitration
- Legal intern for the Honorable John E. Jones III of the U.S. District Court, Middle District of Pennsylvania, 2004.