Tom concentrates his practice in the structuring, negotiation and execution of business and real estate transactions (including residential, commercial and industrial), joint ventures, financing, planned community and condominium developments, homeowner associations, commercial leases, construction contracts, zoning and land use and resolution of business disputes. He works with his clients to advise them on the choice of entity for real estate ownership and to determine the structure that best suits the client’s needs, including limited partnerships and limited liability companies. Of particular focus, Tom assists in evaluating financing options available to each client and helps to tailor those options to make certain the project is successful. Options such as seller financing, lender financing, bonds, construction loans, mortgage and leasehold financing are all considered and evaluated for each particular project. His clients include small and large local, regional and national companies. His philosophy when working with a client is to become their general adviser and not simply their attorney.
In conjunction with his real estate practice, he also practices in the areas of banking and financing. In his representing both financial institutions and borrowers, he is able to provide clients with a unique insight and full understanding of the complex issues involved in a variety of financial transactions.
- The Best Lawyers in America® “Lawyer of the Year” in Harrisburg, 2024, Real Estate Law
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Real Estate Law (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024), Construction Law (2022, 2023, 2024), Commercial Finance Law (2023, 2024)
- Dauphin County Bar Association
- Governor Corbett Signs House Bill 1950 into Law
- Commercial Leases and Bankruptcy: A Roadmap for Landlords
- “Condos in the City”, Wake up with Barley: A Morning on Real Estate (June 2019)
- Moderator: “Unique Issues with Urban Development”, Wake up with Barley: A Morning on Real Estate (June 2019)
- “Project Financing – When Can I Start Work?”, Wake up with Barley: A Morning on Real Estate (June 2018)
- “Key Terms in Commercial Leases and How They Can Hold Up Your Deal”, Greater Harrisburg Association of REALTORS Commercial Council (April 2018)