He represents senior living clients, including: CCRCs/Life Plan Communities, nursing homes, assisted living facilities, personal care homes, home/health care agencies, senior housing developers and others in the senior living industry, as well as health care clients, including: hospitals, physician/dental groups, FQHCs/health centers, health plans/TPAs, diagnostic imaging centers and other health care providers. His experience includes corporate governance, regulatory compliance and licensing, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and affiliations, payor and other contracting matters. He has assisted clients with complex federal/state regulatory compliance matters involving the False Claims Act and whistleblower actions, Stark Law and Anti-Kickback Statute, Medicare/Medicaid reimbursement denials and appeals, state licensing violations, payor audits, HIPAA/HITECH compliance and data breaches, and other corporate compliance issues.
In addition, Chris has served as corporate general counsel for a health care information technology company, handling matters involving corporate transactions, corporate compliance, software/technology licensing, intellectual property and commercial contracting.
Chris has served on the Health Care Policy Committee of the Alexander Graham Bell Association in Washington, D.C., as well as on the boards of various health care and not-for-profit organizations. He is also the author of numerous articles/publications on health care, senior living, corporate compliance and business issues. Chris is a member of the American Health Lawyers Association and the Pennsylvania Bar Association.
In his free time, Chris enjoys biking, hikes, exploring wildlife and traveling with his children.
- JD Supra, “Most Read Article 2016,” Food & Beverage category
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- “COVID-19 Vaccine: The Impact on Health Care and Long Term Care”, webinar (December 2020)
- “Federal Sentencing Guidelines and Effective Compliance Programs”, Financial Executives International – Professional Development Session (2017)
- “Compliance Program Effectiveness”, Barley Snyder Business Seminar Series (2012)
- “Managed Care Compliance 101+”, HCCA Conference (2012)
- “Evaluating Your Compliance Strategy”, Barley Snyder Business Seminar Series (2011)
- Former adjunct professor for graduate studies in health care administration, St. Francis University