Derek Dissinger is chair of the firm’s Real Estate Practice Group and its Hospitality Industry Group, and a member of the Finance & Creditors’ Rights Practice Group. He represents creditors such as banks and credit unions in wide range of commercial loan transactions, including real estate loans, construction loans, asset-based credit facilities, participations and loan sales. Derek’s experience as a real estate attorney and title agent allows him to bring a unique perspective to the documentation of real estate loans which benefits his financial institution clients. He also regularly presents to financial institutions on various topics including title insurance, loan modifications, mechanic’s liens and unique collateral. You can find a sample of these presentations below.
Derek’s real estate practice includes the representation of clients in the purchase and sale of real estate, commercial leasing and land development matters. He is experienced in representing clients in hotel purchases and sales, as well as the purchase and sale of various types of franchised businesses, such as Subway, Dunkin Donuts and Burger King. Derek is a licensed title agent in Pennsylvania and Maryland and regularly presents on title insurance topics to banks and other organizations, such as the Pennsylvania Land Title Association. His experience as a real estate finance attorney and title agent allows him to bring a unique perspective to the documentation of real estate loans on behalf of financial institution clients, and representation of buyers and sellers of real estate in Pennsylvania and Maryland.
With central Pennsylvania cemented as one of the most recognizable tourist destinations in the U.S., Derek’s busy practice in the hospitality industry led him to enlist the help of a number of attorneys and professionals to form the first Barley Snyder Hospitality Industry Group. The group, formed in early 2018, caters to the thriving mid-Atlantic hospitality industry, including hotels, restaurants, breweries, amusement sites and leisure activities. Derek also works in the hospitality industry with the application, sale and transfer of liquor licenses for hotels, restaurants and joint ventures.
If you are interested in having Derek present to your group, you can contact him directly at (717) 553-1075 or email@example.com.
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022)
- Lancaster Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- “COVID-19 Vaccines: The Impact on the Hospitality Industry”, webinar (January 2021)
- “Reopening the Hospitality Industry: Current Guidelines, Possible Risks and Future Scenarios”, Barley Snyder Webinar Series (June 2020)
- “Mechanics Liens & Bond Issues for Construction Projects”, Wake up with Barley: A Morning on Real Estate (June 2019)
- Panelist: “Structuring & Financing Real Estate Deals”, Barley Snyder LendiCon (March 2019)
- “Project Financing – When Can I Start Work?”, Wake up with Barley: A Morning on Real Estate (June 2018)
- “Condominiums”, Lancaster County Association of Realtors’ Commercial & Industrial Council membership meeting (March 2018)
- “Endorsement and Exclusions to Policies,” and “Insuring Construction Loans”, National Business Institute’s “Title Law: A to Z, a Two-Day Practical Course” (December 2017)
- “Mechanic’s Lien, Leases and Landlord Tenant Law”, Wake up with Barley: A Morning on Real Estate (September 2017)
- “Sheriff Sales and Tax Sales; What do you really need to know?, Barley Snyder LendiCon Seminar (March 2016)
- “2015 Mechanic’s Lien Update”, Security Title Annual Seminar (May 2015)
- “Leasehold Mortgages”, Barley Snyder LendiCon Seminar (March 2015)
Conestoga Title Insurance Company Annual Seminar (January 2015)
- “Act 117 Update”, Pennsylvania Land and Title Association (November 2014)
- “Buying, Leasing and Owning: What is Best for Your Business?”, Barley Snyder Business Seminar (October 2014)
- “Construction Lending Update”, Bank Presentation (August 2014)
- “Title Insurance for Lenders: Before, During and After Settlement”, Barley Snyder LendiCon Seminar, (May 2014)