With tax legislation in a constant state of flux at the federal, state and local levels, Kevin is knowledgeable and proficient in all of the latest laws that can affect your business and your family. A member of the Trusts & Estates, Tax and Business practice groups, Kevin provides clients with comprehensive solutions for carrying out estate planning and business objectives, ranging from identifying and implementing tax-saving strategies to more general advice regarding end-of-life decisions and unique family circumstances. Kevin regularly advises business owners on succession issues and other individuals in need of sophisticated estate planning. His knowledge in estate planning led to him being quoted as a source in the Wall Street Journal, and he has presented for the National Business Institute and written for The Legal Intelligencer.
Kevin also advises individuals and businesses on a wide range of tax issues, providing advice to clients engaging in corporate transactions of all types, including mergers and acquisitions, sales and reorganizations. Businesses looking for counsel on federal income tax issues as well as various state and local taxes, such as realty transfer tax, turn to Kevin for his experience with intricate issues. Kevin also has worked extensively in the area of executive compensation and regularly advises clients on multifaceted tax matters involving deferred compensation arrangements and equity-based compensation, such as stock option plans and equity appreciation rights plans.
Kevin is heavily involved in pro bono work, resolving title issues through estate administration and handling cases involving tax controversies. Philadelphia VIP, a nonprofit organization matching attorneys with pro bono clients facing legal challenges in housing, family and income, named Kevin its December 2016 “Volunteer of the Month.”
Kevin has been named to the Pennsylvania Super Lawyer “Rising Star” list in 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021.
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star (2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022)
- Philadelphia VIP, “Volunteer of the Month” (December 2016)
- Philadelphia Estate Planning Council
- “Estate Planning Tools to Put to Work in a Higher-Interest Rate Environment”, The Legal Intelligencer (February 2019)
- “Estate Planning Opportunities as Interest Rates Rise (and While They’re Still Low)”, Philadelphia Estate Planning Council Newsletter (May 2015)
- “The Probate Process from Start to Finish”, National Business Institute, Philadelphia, Pa. (August 2013)
- “Top Estate Planning Techniques”, National Business Institute, Philadelphia, Pa. (December 2012)