Alex is a partner in Barley Snyder’s Business and Tax practice groups. His practice includes extensive experience with mergers and acquisitions, including assisting clients with the establishment, use and operation of, and acquisitions involving employee stock ownership plans. He works with officers, directors and shareholders of closely held businesses on an array of organizational matters, such as entity formation, compliance, contract review, tax planning, and business succession planning. He also counsels non-profit organizations in mergers, acquisitions and fundamental change transactions, as well as filing for tax-exempt status and general compliance issues.
Alex graduated magna cum laude from the University of Pittsburgh, where he received both his B.A. and J.D. He also earned an LL.M. in Taxation from Villanova University’s Charles Widger School of Law.
Alex is a former summer associate at Barley Snyder and is the Chair of the firm’
s summer associate program recruiting committee. Alex is a native of Lancaster County and currently resides in East Petersburg with his wife and daughter.
- Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Star (2023)
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch® in America, Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2024)
- Villanova University School of Law certification in estate planning
- Berks County Bar Association
- Lancaster Bar Association
- Pennsylvania Bar Association