As a patent attorney in the firm’s Intellectual Property Practice Group, Kevin brings unique perspective to his work for clients at various stages. Kevin is involved in patent application preparation and prosecution, trademark matters, and litigation support across all areas of intellectual property law, including research and strategy development.
Kevin’s distinct background as a U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) patent examiner – where his field of examination focused on driverless or autonomous vehicle technology in the transportation industry – is complemented by his real-world experience working in the engineering community. As an aerospace engineering major at the University of Virginia, he gained professional experience in the research and development department of a Philadelphia-area airline safety manufacturer. Further rounding out his unique experience, several years into his career as a patent attorney, Kevin immersed himself in the European patent process for four weeks by participating in a work-exchange arrangement with a Munich-based intellectual property law firm.
Because many of the applications Kevin examined on behalf of the USPTO were related to driverless or autonomous vehicle technology, Kevin has a unique capability to assist clients with the optimal strategies and potential pitfalls in prosecuting patent applications focused on these technologies. Nevertheless, whether an invention involves mechanical, electrical, or software-based technology, the dual nature of Kevin’s experience has given him an intricate, inside knowledge of how the patent process works, what a patent examiner is looking for in a patent application, and the best course to chart for representing a client throughout a range of patent-related matters.
Outside of his work with clients, Kevin has committed himself to improving the quality of life in suburban Philadelphia and the business world abroad through volunteering with both local and international organizations including the Boy Scouts, his local economic development council and the American Intellectual Property Law Association. In his free time, Kevin enjoys running in 5K races along with his family throughout suburban Philadelphia to aid charitable causes, especially those that support access to legal assistance for those in need.
- Chester County Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- Optimizing Patent Protection on Vehicle Technology, Automotive Tech Week (November 2021)
- Panel discussion, Association for Unmanned Vehicle Systems International (AUVSI) Business of Automated Mobility Forum (June 2021)
- Protecting Your Idea: Intellectual Property Law Basics, Great Valley LaunchBox (June 2021)
- Panel discussion, ASCEND conference by American Institute for Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA) (November 2020)
- Panel discussion, Pennsylvania Automated Vehicle Summit (September 2019)