Jeremy Frey is the chair of the firm’s Business Law Group. Jeremy focuses his practice in the areas of planning, negotiation and execution of business and real estate transactions, real estate development, land use and zoning matters, real estate assessment appeals, business and real estate financing, and business planning.
In the real estate area, Jeremy has successfully represented numerous clients on zoning matters, has a broad knowledge of the Municipalities Planning Code, and has been involved in numerous successful land use and real estate assessment appeals (for both commercial and residential properties). Jeremy regularly advises clients in the purchase and sale of residential and commercial properties, including the sale of hotel properties and the transfer of liquor licenses. Jeremy is a mediator for the REALTORS Association of York & Adams Counties (RAYAC), and is a licensed title agent for Commonwealth Land Title Insurance Company.
In the area of business transactions, Jeremy works with clients on stock and asset purchases and sales and mergers between various types of business entities. Jeremy has assisted businesses in purchases and sales ranging from under $1,000,000 to more than $100,000,000 and he has also assisted borrowers and lenders in many types of loan transactions.
Jeremy is also part of the Food and Agribusiness group where he provides general counsel in a variety of areas to clients in the food and agricultural industries. In 2012, he successfully appealed the denial of a crop insurance claims for an Adams County orchard to the U.S. Federal Court.
He is very active in the community. He formerly was the president of the board of directors of the Hanover YMCA and was instrumental in the planning, fundraising and construction of the South Hanover YMCA. He is also very active in youth sports, coaching football, basketball and baseball in the local community.
Jeremy was selected to the 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017 Pennsylvania Super Lawyers Rising Stars list.
- “Select Lawyer,” 2016
- Hanover Evening Sun Readers’ Choice Awards (“Best Lawyer/Law Practice,” 2016, 2018)
- Pennsylvania Rising Stars (2010, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Central Penn Business Journal (Forty Under 40, 2011)
- Mediator, Realtors Association of York and Adams County (RAYAC)
- “Acquisition Activity Perspective”, Food & Ag Summit (February 2019)
- “Planning and Sales Considerations for Condominiums and Planned Communities”, Wake up with Barley: A Morning on Real Estate (September 2017)
- “Common Legal Issues You Need to Know”, PA Treasury’s Small Business Initiative at York College (October 2016)
- “Legal Issues Involved in Growing your Business “, PA Treasury’s Small Business Initiative (October 2016)
- “Common Legal Issues for New Businesses”, PA Treasury’s Small Business Initiative at York College (October 2016)
- “Negotiating Indemnification Clauses, Representations and Warranties and Other “Standard” Contract Terms”, Barley Snyder Business Seminar (October 2015)
- “Buying, Leasing and Owning: What is Best for Your Business?”, Barley Snyder Business Seminar, (October 2014)
- Notes and comments editor, American University International Law Review